[Equest-users] Baseline Fan power calculation

vamshi ranga vamshiranga at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 06:16:55 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding calculating fan power as per ASHRAE 90.1-2007.

My proposed system has, supply return and exhaust fans separately with kW
and cfm mentioned for each fan.

So, for calculating baseline fan power,

1. should I calculate it separately for each fan type?
2. can I take pressure drop adjustment both in supply and return fan power
calculation?
3. should I sum all the cfms of supply, return and exhaust and than apply
pressure drop adjustments to aggregated cfm.

Kindly help me out in solving the doubt. If you have any example fan power
calculations, or web links those could guide me regarding this, plz do
share them.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vamshi.