[Equest-users] Air source heat pumps - which equest systems

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Sun Mar 3 11:42:28 PST 2013

One normally associates air source heat pumps with DX cooled
systems.  But I notice that you can select HEAT-SOURCE = HEAT-PUMP
for systems I would normally consider hydronic. For example a VAVS
system which only allows hydronic cooling allows the option of Heat
Pump for heating.  Would this be a common practice in construction?

It is more hypothetical than actually wanting/needing to model this
configuration.

Christopher Jones, P.Eng.
Suite 1801, 1 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M5E1W7