[Equest-users] Refrigeration Line Item in eQuest End Use Analysis

Mark Rasmussen markfrazz at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 09:04:32 PDT 2013

To Whom May be So Kind,

In our eQuest energy model, which is of a facility with four (4) restaurants,
we have refrigeration loads from stand alone units programmed. However,
in the standard eQuest end use output file, the refrigeration line item shows
zero usage. The energy usage of the refrigeration loads programmed is being
displayed in the Miscellaneous Loads line item of the end use (we know this
because varying the programmed level changes the Misc. Loads line item).

Why is the refrigeration load (from stand alone refrigerators) not being shown in
the refrigeration line of the end use analysis? Is that refrigeration line in the end use
for refrigeration other than stand alone units? Is there a way to have the refrigeration
from stand alone units be shown in the "Refrigeration" line item of the end use analysis?

We want to show the end use results to our client, whom knows that refrigeration
will be used in the facility, but are reluctant to do so because the refrigeration
energy usage appears to be shown as zero in the end use analysis.

Thanks & Best Wishes!
Mark