[Equest-users] Energy Efficiency of Gym

Busman, Michael R MBusman at chevron.com
Mon May 13 06:23:14 PDT 2013

Gyms typically have metal halide or other HID lighting that remains on all day due to the long strike-off time to turn the lights back on if they’ve been turned off.

A good retrofit is to replace them with high output T-5 fluorescent fixtures at significantly lower wattage.  Additionally, these are instant on and can be controlled by occupancy sensing controls for maximum savings.  If the gym has skylights, you can also use bi-level or other daylighting controls.

Mike

Michael R. Busman, CEM
Lead Project Engineer II

Chevron Energy Solutions
A Division of Chevron U.S.A., Inc.
145 S. State College Blvd.
Brea, CA  92821
Direct  714-671-3561
Fax     714-671-3438
eFax   866-420-0335 (Include my Full Name followed by "CAI:MHTZ" on Cover Sheet)
Mobile 310-387-2083
mbusman at chevron.com<mailto:mbusman at chevron.com>