[Equest-users] Slab extending through wall

Coleman, Kevin kcoleman at nexant.com
Mon Nov 4 10:56:28 PST 2013

I am evaluating a new 10-story hotel design that is proposing glass curtain walls and pre-tensioned concrete floors that project beyond the walls. On 3 sides the projections are minimal (6 inches). However, on one side, the projections extend about 3 ft.

For the small projections, I intent to use the following method recommended in the thread below. "In screen 4 of 25 of the DD shell wizard you can specify "Slab Penetrates Wall Plane" (check box)."

I am interested in any tips for modeling the thermal impacts of the larger projections. Thoughts? (I plan to use window shading for the light/shading impacts.)

I am hopeful that the analysis will help convince the design team to incorporate some insulation and thermal breaks!

Thanks in advance!
Kevin

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Mon Dec 6 11:45:18 PST 2010