[Equest-users] Dynamic model compliance analysis results

František Bartoš bartos at enerfis.cz
Wed Nov 20 04:40:47 PST 2013

Hello,
I made model using eQuest 3.65 and after simulation, baseline building
generation and results compliance I see 55 % percent improvement in
proposed design against the baseline design.
This model is just schematic for CS precertification but the envelope is
modeled with most probably final design that will be built. The envelope
is kind of a modular system with overall U factor 0,14BTU
<http://www.leeduser.com/glossary/14#term4689>/ft2/hr*F per modul (it
means both glass a wall parts).

My question - is it possible to get 55 % improvement against the
baseline with this U factor? I checked, that LEED requirements is Umax
0,513, so our value is very good compared to this requirements. However
compared to our local norms (Czech republic) it is not anything extra,
so the 55 % percent improvement surprised me.
In HVAC system I used everywhere standard efficiencies of motorts, pumps
etc. and VSD regulation, but this I think doesn´t have as large impact
on the result as the envelope - or does it have?

Thanks a lot for all thoughs and answers.

František
--
*František Bartoš*
Energetika a certifikace budov