[Equest-users] App G Baseline CHW Pump Power

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Wed Nov 27 10:06:00 PST 2013

Nobody is gaming the system Tim.  I'm working on a couple LEED v4 pilot projects, and the spreadsheet for the Minimum Energy Performance credits still lists 22 W / gpm for both systems (and it is a REVISED spreadsheet in a totally different format, not something that was copy/pasted from the v3 spreadsheet).

I can send it to you offline if you don't have access to the new templates.

For reference, my last primary / secondary chilled water job had a condenser water pump needing 50 feet of head, a primary chilled water pump needing 58 feet of head, and a secondary chilled water pump needing 65 feet of head.  This would fall exactly in line with the 19 W / gpm allowance for condenser water, and 22 W / gpm for each of the chilled water pumps.  Perhaps GBCI had an internal ruling based on the hundreds of chilled water plant projects they see each year??

GHT Limited

James Hansen, PE, LEED AP, BEMP

Senior Associate

1110 N. Glebe Road, Suite 300