[Equest-users] Schedule, Fan and Mode Problems

Lee, Jenny j.lee at cundall.com
Fri Oct 11 01:18:15 PDT 2013

Dear Experts,

I am a new Equest user and trying to model and simulate a 20 floors office building, but now I met some problems, and I beg your help. The questions are as following:

1.       If I have edited some settings in Detail Mode and want to go back Wizard Mode, Someone say if I go back to Wizard Mode directly, all the data I set in Detail Mode will missing, does it right? If it is right, how should I do if I want to go from Detail Mode to Wizard Mode?

2.       For the schedule profiles, in Wizard Mode, equest allow to set the time “open at” and “close at”, but the percentage cannot be edited, how can I edit the percentage?

Additionally, I also find schedules in Detail Mode, and here I can edit the percentage, but how can I know which zones the edited schedules are applied? Where should I check?

One more thing, schedules in Wizard Mode and Detail Mode are different, why? And which schedules will be used in calculation in the software?

3.       The most headache thing to me is the Fan energy consumption, in my results, the fan energy consumption is too low, nearly 10 times smaller. I checked all my input data about the fan but cannot find the reasons. Someone can help me?

4.       When I finish inputting all the data in Wizard Mode, I can already run the simulation and get results, so what’s the Detailed Mode used for? Which parameters need to be modified in Detail Mode?

Thanks very much
Regards

Jenny

Jenny Lee
Graduate HVAC/ESD Engineer
Cundall Engineering Design Consulting (Shanghai) co., Ltd
宽德工程设计咨询(上海)有限公司
M +86 186 3679 6396
T +86 021 5836 6138
F +86 021 5836 6137
www.cundall.com.cn<%20www.cundall.com.cn%20>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CEC69D.798186E0]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/cundall>  [cid:image004.jpg at 01CEC69D.798186E0] <http://twitter.com/#!/cundall_global>
Suite 1111, 11/F Suncome CIMIC Tower, 800 Shangcheng Road, Pudong, Shanghai, 200120, P.R.China
上海市浦东新区商城路800号斯米克大厦1111室  邮编:200120

For further information about Cundall please visit http://www.cundall.com/Locations/Asia/Asia.aspx
Cundall Engineering Design Consulting (Shanghai) Co Ltd. Registered office: Suite 1111 11/F CIMIC Tower 800 Shangcheng Road, Pudong, Shanghai 200120,
P R China.
All information contained in this email is private and confidential, and may also be privileged.
This email and its attachments are intended solely for the use of the addressee only and if any third party whatsoever
comes into possession of this email,they rely on it at their own risk and Cundall accepts no duty or responsibility
(including in negligence) to any such third party.
If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete all copies from your system.
Privacy Policy: Use of this email and any attachments is subject to the terms on our Website at
http://www.cundall.com/Misc/Privacy-Policy.aspx If you cannot access these terms,
please email terms at cundall.com with SEND TERMS in the subject heading or telephone +44 (0191) 213 1515 and we will send you a copy.
All of our business is conducted in accordance with Cundall’s Ethical Business Policy. http://www.cundall.com/Knowledgehub/Ethical-Business-Policy.aspx
This email message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast. For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com