[Equest-users] 3.65 - new feature?

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Oct 9 14:21:07 PDT 2013

I've had good luck so far with a 3.65 project currently importing... 6 different CAD references... more to come however.

When you import a new file, are the origin coordinates wildly off?  If that is the issue, your "invisible" reference might appear far on the periphery if you zoom way out.  I did notice that occurring a few times in this project (although this issue happened with previous versions of eQuest) and corrected to match the coordinates of previous imports.

I have no idea exactly what causes this behavior & how to prevent it in the first place.  Still, to sync coordinates I think the easiest way is when you first see the prompt on locating x/y coordinates for a new import, the CAD file name in that same dialog is a dropdown you can toggle to view the other imports you already have.  By reference you can edit/correct the new file's settings to match the others.

Hope that helps!

~Nick

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.