[Equest-users] Table G 3.1.3.7

Rakesh Desai rakeshdesai at ecpl.co.in
Thu Oct 17 05:57:48 PDT 2013

Dear All,

1.        I had submitted energy model for certification and have received
following reply:

As per table G3.1.3.7, ASHRAE 90.1.2007, "as chiller auto size capacity is
more than 600 tons, centrifugal chiller should be considered".

My building conditioned area is < 22296 m2 and as per model my chiller
capacity is more than 600 TR and I have to use 2 chillers. I have modeled 2
nos. screw chillers of equal capacity (auto size mode) with 5.5 COP.

I checked the table and no where it is written that we need to model
centrifugal chillers.

Can someone help me to understand where I went wrong?

2.        I had submitted PS E report of all rotations of base case and have
received following reply:

Peak demand (946.52kW) reported for cooling is not matching with chiller
input (For 2*613 TR and 5.5 COP, 783kW). So cooling savings in not
justified.

As per first submittal comment, I had changed my chiller to auto size mode
and the chiller capacity is selected by model and not by me. Now, I have
received above comment. What is the way out?

Thanks,

Rakesh Desai