[Equest-users] ASHRAE 90.1 Baseline generalization

Ryan Black ryanblack17 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 07:46:42 PDT 2013

This isn't so much an eQuest question, as an ASHRAE 90.1 Baseline question.
I have been tasked with producing a general Btu/sq ft or kWh/sq ft for an
ASHRAE 90.1-2007 Baseline building for the given system types. My thought
is that this is not really possible to nail down to one number or even an
accurate range, as it depends heavily on building usage type. Scheduling
and occupancy are going to affect equipment capacities, ventilation rates
(and thus heating and cooling), and overall energy usage. Am I right in my
thinking, or is there a way to get around building type to get that flat
energy/sq ft for the different systems?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ryan