[Equest-users] Heating energy backwards

jacob goodman jacobgoodman22 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 09:37:07 PDT 2013

Dear eQuest community,

I am working on a LEED project and have an issue where my higher efficiency
proposed system is using significantly more gas than the baseline system.
The proposed system is central AHU with zone VAV terminals fed by 96% AFUE
boilers. The Baseline system is Appendix G system type 3 PSZ with 80%
efficient gas furnace. I know there are tons of factors that go into this.
I noticed that the higher baseline fan energy and higher lighting load are
doing some of the work that the furnaces would do, but this doesn't account
for the whole difference. Anything that jumps out comparing these two
systems would be much appreciated.

since I have no one with greater eQuest knowledge in house, I am open to a
few hours consulting with someone at a reasonable hourly rate if you think
this could be resolved.

Thanks,
Jacob