[Equest-users] HEAT-EIR-FT for heat pumps with water cooled condensers?

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Sun Apr 13 12:21:24 PDT 2014

I am modelling a building with distributed water loop heat pumps.  I am
looking at the electricity used for space heating (the compressor energy in
heating mode).   This depends on a part load curve HEAT-EIR-FT which is a
function of two temperatures.  Based on the DOE2 documentation, it is not
clear to me which two temperatures this curve is using to modify the
compressor energy for a water-cooled heat pump.

For an air-cooled heat pump, the curve is a function of entering dry-bulb
temperature and outdoor dry-bulb temperature.  I want to know what the X and
Y values are for a water-cooled heat pump.

Can anyone provide any clarification on this?

Many thanks.

Brian