[Equest-users] Difficult roof

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Sat Apr 5 12:39:45 PDT 2014

Katia, John,

I can see the attached two JPGs, so the pictures have been attached.  Looking at them, the
roof looks like a very shallow barrel vault.  Since eQUEST  or any other simulation
program that I know of, accepts only planar surfaces, you will have to decompose the roof
into a number of strips running lengthwise.  Since these strips will be skinny rectangles,
they can be input either with WIDTH, HEIGHT, TILT, etc., or as POLYGONs.  John has details
on how that's done in eQUEST.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.