[Equest-users] Graph plot - quadratic eqn

Erik Kolderup erik at kolderupconsulting.com
Tue Apr 8 17:59:29 PDT 2014

Yashika,

Assuming you are trying to create a custom condensing-boiler curve
(HIR-FPLR), it's important to understand how the curve is defined. The
result of the curve is normalized HIR*PLR, i.e. normalized heat input ratio
*times* part load ratio, and it is a biquadratic function of part load
ratio and HW return temperature. It should equal 1.0 at 100% load and 80F
HW return. If the efficiency (HIR) stayed constant with changing part load
(which it doesn't in your graph, but just assume it did for illustration),
then the value of the curve would be 0.8 at 80% load, 0.5 at 50% load, etc.

-Erik

*Erik Kolderup, PE, LEED AP*
erik at kolderupconsulting.com | 415.531.5198 | www.kolderupconsulting.com

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 12:32 PM, yashika gulati <yashika.gulati111 at gmail.com