[Equest-users] DD Wizard - Air-side System Type Question

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Wed Apr 30 19:46:20 PDT 2014

I am not sure that I fully understand what is happening but will take a stab
at helping anyway (which is always dangerous).

There are 2 places in the DD wizard you can assign portions of a building to
different air-side HVAC systems: the 1st screen of the air-side HVAC
definition (I ignore this), and screen 14 of each Shell - the zone grouping
screen.  What you can do in the 1st screen of the HVAC is limited and is
superceded by screen 14 - the zone grouping of the shells.

So, my practise is to:

1)      Define separate zone groups for different HVAC systems in the shells
definition (if all zones in a shell are the same HVAC system, that's fine)

2)      Define all the air-side HVAC system types

each shell and assign the HVAC system for each of the zone groups in that
shell.

I hope this helps - let me know if I missed the mark.

Cheers,

BF