[Equest-users] How to properly model this 2-pipe FCU system in eQuest 3.65?

Amit Paul apaul at altanova-energy.com
Fri Dec 5 09:21:03 PST 2014

Hi everyone I'm trying to model an existing building in eQuest 3.65.

The building has a chilled water loop and a hot water loop (the same pumps changeover to pump HW in winter and CHW in summer).

All apartments have a non-ducted 2-pipe Fan Coil Unit. Nothing controls the coil (there's no 2-way valve), there's just a fan selector (LOW-SPEED/HI-SPEED/OFF), and there is no outside air being supplied to the apartments.

I'm struggling to understand how to properly model this in eQuest:

*         Should I create one HVAC SYSTEM (type FCU) per zone? Or one FCU system serving all of my zones? (Both seem to work, but I'm guessing there could be a drawback to using one versus the other)

*         What is the easiest way to ensure the outside air is zero?

*         How should I configure the FCU to mimic as closely as possible the (lack of) controls I have?

Thanks for any insight you can provide!