[Equest-users] Typical Floors' System(s)

Omar ElRawy o_osama at live.com
Tue Dec 9 06:06:37 PST 2014

Dear all,            I'am modelling Typical floors where I did model one floor and under the "Building Shell" tab I did assign a floor multiplier under "Floor Properties". Now when i'am modelling a System for the typical zones; does this system automatically serve one floor then multiplied by the multiplier, or it serve the total number of floors and I should consider multiplying system parameters (coil capacity, fan power,...etc) manually?
for example if I have four typical floors with 100,000 BTU/h coil for each floor. Should I model the system serving the typical floors with 100,000 BTU/h coil capacity or with 400,000 BTU/h coil capacity?

THanks,
Omar ElRawy, LEED AP BD+C
LEED Project Manager
EA Sustainable Building Consultants