[Equest-users] Unmet Hours

Cain Hathaway chathaway25 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 02:34:05 PST 2014

Please remove me from your email list.

---Cain

  _____

From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
[mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of David
Griffin
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 3:11 PM
To: 'Gerard Hazel'; equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: Re: [Equest-users] Unmet Hours

Gerry,

The summary report in eQUEST illustrate noncoincidental unmet load hours
while the BEPS shows coincidental unmet load hours. I did not open your
file, but I'm guessing you have core and perimeter zones with unmet load
hours at different times due to their load profiles. When I have that many
unmet cooling load hours on my BEPS reports I usually do one of the
following:

1)      Look for a rogue zone causing issue

2)      Look at the 'big' picture (i.e. did I specify a schedule or have
another input that conflicts in the model and is preventing proper cooling).

3)      After exhausting all other resources, I start manually increasing my
airflows in individual zones to decrease the unmet load hours.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

David W. Griffin II

Energy Analyst

ETC Group, LLC

801-278-1927 x 128

Cell 480-736-2945

dgriffin at etcgrp.com

www.etcgrp.com

Copy of ETC_LogoOnly2_rgb_sm.png

Energy Engineering for a Sustainable Future

1997 South 1100 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84106-4471

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or
previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain confidential information
that is legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of
the information contained in or attached to this transmission is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify us by telephone at (801) 278-1927 and destroy the
original transmission and its attachments without reading them. Thank you.