[Equest-users] Weather File

Neil Bulger nbulger at integralgroup.com
Thu Feb 6 23:39:10 PST 2014

John,

I would suggest using another free weather tool that comes with EnergyPlus
to modify weather data. The tool is newer and takes an EPW file (which are
the common TMY3 files now for EnergyPlus) and can convert this to a csv.
Modify the csv however you like with alternate data, and then using this
same tool, reverse the process and make an EPW file from a csv.

eQuest then has a tool that converts any EPW file to a BIN file for
simulation. The fortran conversion software that people use to directly
change bin files to text and back is a serious pain to get right. I spent
several hours once ensuring I placed the right amount of commas and spaces.

http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/weatherdata_format.cfm

Best,

*Neil Bulger, PE* | Energy Modeling Team Manager

*Integral Group *| 427 13th Street | Oakland CA USA 94612
T 510.663.2070 x235
c 707.363.3954

integralgroup.com <http://www.integralgroup.com/> |
nbulger at integralgroup.com