[Equest-users] Water to water geothermal heat pump / Radiators / No cooling / Natural ventilation

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri Feb 7 07:39:12 PST 2014

Nick,
You could try running your model with water-to-air heat pump systems first (DX systems with water-cooled condensers), connected to a Water Loop HP loop with rejection to a Ground Loop HX of TYPE = HORIZ-SLINKY-LOOP (or whatever is appropriate for your closed-circuit loop, and sized per your actual design). A custom Hourly Report will give you the ground loop temperatures which you can then use to create the temperature schedule for the LAKE/WELL HX.
There is precedent for using the Systems 9/10 from 90.1-2010 for LEED. You can probably find the CIRs or other reference in the list archive.
~Bill