[Equest-users] Baseline Fan power calculation

Hala Jaber halajaber82 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 12:14:19 PST 2014

Hey eQuest users,
I have a new challanging  requirement in the appendix G section G3.1.2.8,
its required the supply air-to room air cooling temperature difference is
20 degrees for each HVAC system. Now my question is how can i achieve this
if my baseline is system 8 and the chilled water leaving temperature is
specified 44 F with return delta t=12,at the same time that in my design
the indoor thermostat temp=71.6 F , and the supply cooling temp should be
51.6F,  here when i set this value i got an error in eQuest stating that"
the cooling coil leaving temperatures must be at least 6 F higher than
entering water temp" and when i set the cooling supply air temp below 55 F
trying to achieve the 20 degree difference, i got this error.
I hope if any one can help,who may face this in baseline model.
Thanks.

Hala Jaber
Sustainablity Design Engineer.