[Equest-users] Baseline Fan power calculation

Steve Tobin stobin at smithboucher.com
Wed Jan 22 12:58:12 PST 2014

>From the outside looking in and not knowing your design requirements,  I would question why your indoor "Cooling" thermostat temperature setpoint is set at 71.6 F?  That seems like a low and extremely precise cooling setpoint to design to?  Also what is your throttling range of your thermostat?  Designing to something so precise would mean that our throttling range would be zero, which is not realistic.

Also take a look at your AHU setup?  Is it blow through or draw through, essentially where does your fan heat get included in the load, before or after the coil?  If the system is draw through the cooling coil has to have a lower coil leaving air temperature to account for the added fan heat.
Hope that helps.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CCA5C8.288E04E0]
Steven C. Tobin Jr., P.E.
PROJECT ENGINEER