[Equest-users] (3) LEED compliance analysis errors - (DBID 190000020000)?

Chris Baker CBaker at cci-alliance.com
Wed Jul 16 18:37:36 PDT 2014

I think I have this figured out!

I went back to check that all the applicable spaces are conditioned (they are).  All my areas with plenums are unconditioned (they are) - I had read on the usergroup
That some users had issues with this.

Then I went in to the space occupancies in detailed edit.

I remembered reading in DOE2 somewhere that the sum of occupancy type areas MUST equal the overall area of the SPC (or space).
In other words, "Sum of Occupancy Type Area: xxxx ft2"  must equal the Area: xxxx ft2 over on the left hand side of the "space properties" window.

Apparently some of my occupancy square footages are equal to the VOLUME (ft3) not the area (ft2).....

DOE2 sais if these are not equal it will inevitably give you errors.  This explains it.
Pretty basic newb error and I'm not sure how I missed that!

I'm going to recheck all my inputs and try running the compliance analysis again.  I'll post back with the results.

-Chris in Alaska