[Equest-users] Heating Source Question

Richard Ellison REllison at southlandind.com
Wed Jul 23 04:49:21 PDT 2014

I am modeling an all-electric building.  My baseline building is a system 8 PFP VAV with chillers and electric resistance heat.

We are considering adding natural gas water heaters for high dishwasher and shower loads.  It does not seem like this should change the building to an electric/hybrid with the baseline system changing to system 7 with a hot-water gas boiler as the architect has suggested.  The proposed HVAC heating source is still 100% electric.

Has anyone dealt with this heating source question?  What was the resolution?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

R I C H A R D  E L L I S O N
BEAP, BEP, BEMP, BESA, CBEP, CDSM, CEA,
CEM, CMVP, CTAB, DGCP, HBDP, LEED AP, PE
Manager of Energy and Simulation
Southland Industries
22340 Dresden Street, Suite 177
Dulles, VA 20166