[Equest-users] Wizard Data Edit Mode to Detail Data Edit Mode, Hourly Report

Chris Baker CBaker at cci-alliance.com
Fri Jun 20 14:29:31 PDT 2014

I agree with that completely.

Once you finish configuring your DD wizard you want to make sure everything is right before moving on.

For example, let's say I finished DD wizard, then added everything else in detailed edit mode (site properties, etc..)
But I wanted to check something in DD wizard.

As soon as you go back to the DD wizard, most of the data you added in detailed edit will revert back to "unreferenced" or will be blank.

In other words it creates a TON of extra work.

It can be done however - for example I recently had to go back in DD wizard because for some reason detailed edit showed the wrong air-side systems assignments and I couldn't figure out why it would have changed.

I saved a copy of what I had before I moved forward - so all my detailed edit mode inputs wouldn't be lost and could at least be copied over later on from the old model.

After I fixed those on the DD Wizard zone grouping screen (sheet 14) I had to go back to detailed edit and re-check all my data inputs to add everything that was removed in the process.

I basically had two equests open at once and in comparing the two I could figure out what needed to be re-added.  This time my air-side systems were correct so it worked out.

If you are planning to perform a baseline for LEED certification you need to make sure all the items in Detailed edit that are yellowish Green are filled in.

Detailed edit has 5 "modules" and all have unique system trees on the left-hand side of the screen.
Right click each item, click properties.  You would then check for any yellowish-green blocks that are required before you run your LEED compliance analysis.

For example, this one showing zone-specific occupancies that was sent to me from another equest user to illustrate the concept.  Hope this helps.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF8C8B.AAEAC890]

Chris Baker
CCI CAD Drafter