[Equest-users] DD Wizard - Air-side System Type Question

Chris Baker CBaker at cci-alliance.com
Fri May 2 13:03:56 PDT 2014

Brian,

Sorry! I plan on assigning the zone groupings anyway which will supersede the HVAC assignments but I'm just wondering how this would normally be done.

I currently have one air-side system (the default HVAC System 1).

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CF65FE.97ABF000]

I want the current air-side system (HVAC System 1) to apply only to shell 4 and 5.  I want the other shells to apply to a new system.

But when I create a new system for shells 1,2,3  I then can't go back and remove those shell components in green from "HVAC System 1".
(Under System Assignment to Thermal Zones).

[cid:image004.jpg at 01CF65FE.97ABF000]

By default all shells are listed in "HVAC System 1".  From what I can tell there is now way to create a new air-side system and then remove shell components from the original "HVAC System 1".

It will let me add Shell 1,2,3 to the new system but it won't let me remove shells 1,2,3 from the other system - if that makes sense.

In other words some zones end up being listed on both systems with no way to remove them where I need to.

Not an issue for modeling since the zone grouping supersedes this but it just seems odd that I can select a system per shell but cannot remove a shell listed in green if it doesn't apply to said system.

Is there a way to do this that I'm overlooking?

Chris Baker
CCI CAD Drafter