[Equest-users] Ice storage chiller doesn't operate

Aaron 565520032 at qq.com
Wed May 14 23:53:59 PDT 2014

Hi guys

 I'm simulating a very complicated DES plant. the plant has 3 double-duty chiller(ice storage charging at night, and cooling in daytime), one GSHP, one heat recovery screw chiller and one steam absorption chiller. heating source is frome municipal steam and GSHP. I've got the cooling and heating load schedule for the plant. the question is how to give the control stragtegy for simulation, as the construction drawings doesn't give the detailed strategy. Also we want to optimizing the operation strategy by energy simulation.
 I've set rough equipment controls and load management as below

 but from SIM file as below, the ice chiller consume no energy, while the ice storage works.

 could anyone help to fix my problems?

 thanks

 Best wishes

                Aaron Zhou