[Equest-users] The question about the system type of HVAC

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 13:26:36 PDT 2014

Very simply, a variable volume(VAV) system with HW reheat varies the volume of air thru the system, thus lowering cooling coil usage. When the airfow gets to a minimum point, the reheat coil may kick on to increase air temp.
The standard reheat system is a constant volume system, which will use more cooling and probably more heating as well.
See if these are the results you are seeing.
John R Aulbach, PE

Sent from AT&T's Wireless network using Yahoo! Mail