[Equest-users] Equest-users Digest, Vol 74, Issue 17

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon May 19 11:35:18 PDT 2014

It has been some time since I last attempted Revit -> eQuest/DOE2, so there is probably more recent experience on these lists to pool from, but eQuest can import any properly formatted .inp without conflicting names or similar issues via the import function (post-wizards, in detailed mode, under the "File" dropdown).

I would suggest setting up a very simple dummy model with an offset shell (away from 0,0,0), and importing the .inp file as a test to see what you're working with, before trying it out with any developed model.  You may find you only want to bring in limited parts of whatever Revit is exporting these days, in which case you might then decide to manually copy/paste some elements or otherwise trim the .inp you're starting with so only select stuff gets pulled into your "actual" model.

Best of luck!

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers