[Equest-users] New LEED issues brought up in Final review comments??

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Tue May 27 08:49:47 PDT 2014

Hi  colleagues:    This is the first time this has happened to me...

We received final LEED comments back from a project and 3 new issues were
brought up that were never recognized in the first round of comments.

The issues focused around unacceptable zone groupings, but this had not
changed from the first submission of comments, so it felt like we were
blindsided by the new issues that we were not given a chance to address the
first time the LEED reviewer looked at the model results.   Based on these
3 new issues regarding the zoning all of the EAc1 points were denied and
the project is now forced into an appeal process.

The kicker is that I didn't acquire this model until they needed help with
the Reviewers comments...so the zoning was out of my hands, and it feels
like there was no chance at "passing" LEED because we were never given a
chance to address the zoning issue because they didn't recognize it the
first time...

I'm frustrated...has anyone else had this happen, does it seem unreasonable?

Pasha