[Equest-users] GLOBAL data in hourly results

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 08:20:36 PST 2014

Hi Mike:

I think DOE-2 has always considered Day Type 1 as Monday. Just like Hour 1 is 12 Mid - 1 AM.


On Friday, November 14, 2014 8:16 AM, Michael Busman <mbusman at opterraenergy.com> wrote:

I have a different problem with hourly outputs that seems to be present in both 3.64 and 3.65.
I have built a large hourly spreadsheet to model the savings from the “Ice Bear”, a small ice TES used with air-cooled DX equipment such as rooftop package units and split systems.  In addition to the standard hourly electrical end-use values in the .sim file, I also export hourly dry bulb temp and cooling coil load.  The problem I’ve noticed is that the hourly values in the .sim file are shifted off by a day.  I’m just using a simple Monday-Friday office building for fine-tuning the spreadsheet. For example, day type 6 (Friday) will show no cooling electric or load and minimal lighting consumption.  Day type 7 (Saturday) as expected shows no cooling and minimal lighting loads.  Day type 1 (Sunday) shows considerable cooling electric and lighting as one would expect for a weekday but not a weekend day.
So far, I’ve been having to manually change the day types to make the loads align to weekdays, a tedious process.  I’m curious to know if anyone else has observed anything similar with hourly results.
My best,
Mike Busman, C.E.M.
Lead Project Engineer
765 The City Dr South Suite 475
Orange, CA 92868
T.   657-216-3261
M. 310.387.2083
mbusman at opterraenergy.com
From: Equest-users [mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Kalpesh Karnik
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 4:11 AM 
To: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Equest-users] GLOBAL data in hourly results
Dear all,
Has anyone faced a problem where on selecting GLOBAL variables like DBT and WBT in a ‘Hourly Report Block’ , the variables appear as ‘0’ for all hours in the excel file? I am facing such a problem. The weather file and the eQuest file are okay, as in the same file simulation results are viewable in all result outputs (summary, detailed, hourly). How can this be rectified?
Kalpesh S Karnik

Equest-users mailing list
To unsubscribe from this mailing list send  a blank message to EQUEST-USERS-UNSUBSCRIBE at ONEBUILDING.ORG
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/equest-users-onebuilding.org/attachments/20141114/07450cb5/attachment.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image001.png
Type: image/png
Size: 1983 bytes
Desc: image001.png
URL: <http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/equest-users-onebuilding.org/attachments/20141114/07450cb5/attachment.png>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image002.png
Type: image/png
Size: 2053 bytes
Desc: image002.png
URL: <http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/equest-users-onebuilding.org/attachments/20141114/07450cb5/attachment-0001.png>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image003.png
Type: image/png
Size: 2158 bytes
Desc: image003.png
URL: <http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/equest-users-onebuilding.org/attachments/20141114/07450cb5/attachment-0002.png>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image004.png
Type: image/png
Size: 2196 bytes
Desc: image004.png
URL: <http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/equest-users-onebuilding.org/attachments/20141114/07450cb5/attachment-0003.png>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image005.png
Type: image/png
Size: 2245 bytes
Desc: image005.png
URL: <http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/equest-users-onebuilding.org/attachments/20141114/07450cb5/attachment-0004.png>

More information about the Equest-users mailing list