[Equest-users] IWEC2 to bin file conversion?

J R john.reed.other at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 11:31:13 PDT 2014

Hi Everybody,

Long story short, how do I convert IWEC2 files into bin files for use with
eQuest? Is it even possible?

I’m working on an international portfolio of projects, and purchased the
ASHRAE disc containing IWEC2 data since it seemed like a good resource (
https://www.ashrae.org/resources--publications/bookstore/iwec2).  I’m now
discovering however that I can’t successfully convert any of these files
into BIN format for use in eQuest.

My first plan was to use eQ_Wth_Proc (DOE2’s weather converter:
http://doe2.com/index_wth.html) since I had some luck converting EPW files
to bin in the past, and they have a .csv converter function. I keep running
into errors with this, the most frequent being “ “ is not a valid floating
point integer”. I’ve scrubbed through the data and can’t find any errors,
and have even tried repeating the process with different IWEC2 files. I’ve
tried searching the past threads and google, but I surprisingly can’t find
this discussed anywhere!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

John