[Equest-users] LEED 2009 - Commercial Interiors Energy Model Question

James Hansen jhansen at ghtltd.com
Tue Sep 16 14:31:04 PDT 2014

There is an area on the template where you enter project area versus entire building area (and the savings is pro-rated...or whatever the opposite of pro-rating is).  With a 20-story office building, you probably only need to see an improvement of 1% building wide (on HVAC consumption) for it to equate to something greater than 15% for your tenant.   I highly recommend looking at the reference guide for this.  There are a couple different ways you can model the baseline building.

GHT Limited
James Hansen, PE, LEED AP, BEMP
Senior Associate
1110 N. Glebe Road, Suite 300