[Equest-users] Problem with Modeling Heat Recovery

behnam jowkar behnamjowkar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 07:14:15 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I’m trying to model heat recovery on an AHU system, but I’m running into
problems. The AHU supply is at 8000 cfm and return fan is at 4500 cfm. My
problem is that I cannot get the heat recovery to work unless the supply
and return flows are close to each other, but if I set the return flow
close to the supply flow, my fan electrical consumption will increase. Does
anyone know a way to get around this, or the only option I have is to set
my supply and return flows to be the same? I appreciate any input from you
guys.

Thanks,

Behnam

--