[Equest-users] Exhaust fans in appartment

David Reddy david at 360-analytics.com
Fri Feb 20 08:09:36 PST 2015

Hi Julien,
Forgot to mention this, I've noticed this too... We've looked a number
of work-arounds but unfortunately I am also under a deadline and don't
have time to go track down what we have been doing lately...

Here are a a few work-arounds that I recall looking at.

 1. Use larger HEAT-SIZING-RATIs to get capacities up
 2. Specify equivalent infiltration at the Space, but set the
    infiltration schedule to 0 on all days/hours other than the design
    days.  This requires some coordination with the design day windspeed
    if you are modeling the wind-speed proportional infiltration that I
    mentioned, otherwise, pretty straight-forward if you are using the
    constant infiltration input.

Will try to dig up more definitive information later today when I have time.

David

PS: That info on the HRV modeling is also included in the help for
EXHAUST-SOURCE = BALANCED-INFIL.  This approach seems like a reasonable
work-around for unit-by-unit HRV/ERVs.