[Equest-users] Problem with slab on grade F-Factor assembly max

Chris Baker CBaker at cci-alliance.com
Tue Feb 24 15:18:38 PST 2015

Hello!  My climate zone is 8.  I'm modeling a slab on grade floor for part of my building.

One of my shells (in both proposed and baseline) has a slab on grade because it was a later addition to the building
It was existing prior to our renovation but needs to be modeled correctly, nonetheless.

Table 5.5-8 (2013 version of ASHRAE appendix G) shows the assembly maximum, unheated, F factor 0.434 (R20 for 48 in.)

My baseline F-factor should be .434

My baseline currently shows F-factor 0.52 (brown text)
My proposed currently shows F-factor 0.52 (brown text)

However, this is not an input that can be manually edited.

The baseline requirements of ASHRAE are telling me the F factor 4.34 cannot be exceeded (assembly max value) but equest shows 5.2
And it cannot be altered (that's even after running the compliance analysis).

Both models have insulation down to 48" but the proposed model thickness is much more (because of 5" EIFS continuing down below grade).

Is there a way to change the Baseline F-factor to show .434 in compliance with ASHRAE guidelines?
or am I stuck with submitting the models with 5.2 in both models and F-factor is just pre-determined by the engine?

Chris Baker
CCI CAD Drafter

CCI-Alliance Confidentiality notice: This message is intended only for the person to whom addressed in the text above and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not that person, any use of this message is prohibited. We request that you notify us by reply to this message, and then delete all copies of this message including any contained in your reply. Thank you.