[Equest-users] 4 Stages of Cooling

Curtis Robbins curtis.robbins at admenergy.com
Tue Jan 6 09:59:46 PST 2015

Hi

I am trying to simulate a building (eQuest 3.64) that has rooftop HVAC
units with VFD's installed on the blower set for 4 cooling stages and 2
heating stages.  The VFD on the blower has three set points. 1st is for
blower only, 2nd is for  Stage 1 cooling, third is for heating and stage
2-4 cooling. Where can I enter the three VFD setpoints for the blower?
Under Air-Side HVAC System Parameters/Fans/Fan Power and Control, there is
a drop down for Fan Control that is variable speed, but where do I enter
the speeds?

For cooling: When I go to Staged Volume (within the Cooling tab) I can only
get the option to enter Capacity fraction and Delta T for 2 stages of
cooling and heating. Can anyone please tell me how I can get the option to
enter additional stages?

I am new to eQuest, so thanks for your help.

Curt