[Equest-users] Shell with only part of the roof exposed

Charudatta Joshi cjoshi.energy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 22:28:17 PDT 2015

You could create a new construction with an R-1000 custom material, so
assembly U-value becomes near-zero. While at it, might also change its
solar reflectance to near-1 (unsure whether that helps). Save that, open
the inp in Excel. Use an if-then criteria in an additional helper column or
VBA and change all fake roofs' constructions to this R-1000 construction.
Hopefully that does it.

For the if-then criteria, you may have options such as looking at floor-Z
coordinates. Anything below certain Z value gets the fix..

CJ