[Equest-users] Problem with Sage Glass Analysis

David Reddy david at 360-analytics.com
Wed Jul 22 13:28:27 PDT 2015

As others have indicated, yes, this can be modeled in eQUEST.

Rather than using the library file provided by a vendor, we created our
own G-T-C descriptions using the WINDOW 6 program and importing into
eQUEST.  We found some interesting bugs/constraints that I think might
help reduce some headache for others, and in the case of #1, give more
realistic results.  Haven't reviewed the materials provided by Josh to
see if these are now addressed in the directions provided by Sage Glass,
though I did forward this to them earlier this year when we discovered them.

 1. In eQ v3.63 and 3.64, the import of WINDOW data neglected to
    populate the FILMS-COND keyword when creating the custom
    GLASS-TYPE-CODE (G-T-C).  This resulted in much lower U_cog values
    than expected. We tested import with v3.65 and this bug appears to
    have been fixed.
 2. If used for switchable glazing, the GLASS-TYPEs referenced by WINDOW
    objects must be listed in the input file in consecutive order.
    Otherwise, a BDL error will result.
 3. If used for switchable glazing, the G-T-Cs used must have an numeric
    integer name that is >1000.  Otherwise, a BDL error will result.

Hope this helps,
David