[Equest-users] Solar Thermal Plate Heat Exchangers

Singhal, Harshul HSinghal at ThorntonTomasetti.com
Thu Jun 18 12:32:16 PDT 2015

Thanks Bruce, that’s what I was looking for.

Harshul Singhal, LEED AP BD+C
Project Consultant
Thornton Tomasetti
386 Fore Street, Suite 401
Portland, ME  04101
T +1.207.245.6060  F +1.207.245.6061
D +1.207.245.6074
HSinghal at ThorntonTomasetti.com
www.ThorntonTomasetti.com

From: Bruce Easterbrook [mailto:bruce5 at bellnet.ca]
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2015 2:20 PM
To: Singhal, Harshul; equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: Re: [Equest-users] Solar Thermal Plate Heat Exchangers

I think this is the website you are looking for.
http://www.retscreen.net/ang/home.php
Take a look under the Software and Data tab.  The software and data is free.
Bruce Easterbrook P.Eng.
Abode Engineering
Canada
On 18/06/2015 12:12 PM, Singhal, Harshul wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well.
I am working on one school facility project where I need to run couple of ECMs for HVAC system type. One of the system that has been suggested by mechanical engineers is:

-          The roof mounted solar thermal plate system will provide tempered hot water for the building central heating loop with a separately pumped glycol heat transfer system. Heat transfer will occur to the heating loop through a plate heat exchanger located in the mechanical room. The system will be available to provide heat to the low temperature heating loop & also DHW preheating.

I know eQuest cannot model solar thermals (it has PV modules though) for space heating. I know there is one website (from Canada) from where you can get hourly data for solar thermals & assign it to your eQuest model. The method need some post-process calculation and I need to understand more on this (which I cannot recall right now). Can someone please provide some inputs?

Thanks!
Harshul Singhal, LEED AP BD+C
Project Consultant
Thornton Tomasetti
386 Fore Street, Suite 401
Portland, ME  04101
T +1.207.245.6060  F +1.207.245.6061
D +1.207.245.6074
HSinghal at ThorntonTomasetti.com<mailto:HSinghal at ThorntonTomasetti.com>
www.ThorntonTomasetti.com<http://www.ThorntonTomasetti.com>

The information in this email and any attachments may contain

confidential information that is intended solely for the

attention and use of the named addressee(s). This message or

any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed

or retained by any person without authorization from the

addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, please

notify the sender immediately, and delete this message.