[Equest-users] Question regarding fuel use

Chris Baker CBaker at cci-alliance.com
Fri Jun 26 11:45:31 PDT 2015

Thank you Ari and Bill!

I figured MBTU was million BTU.  The thing that threw me off was that summary report showing 9 zeros!  But that was single digits too which means both translate to 5.8935 billion BTU’s.

Or 5,893.5 MBTU like you say!

See my  attached PSE report for Fuel Meter 1.  It sais..

MBTU                           5893
MAX MBTU/HR           2.0
MON/DY                     1/13
PEAK ENDUSE              2.0
PEAK PCT                      100

So wouldn’t this translate to 2.0 referring to MBTU/HR and not KBTU/HR?

It just doesn’t show the units of demand on BEPS or PS-E reports (just sais “peak enduse”).  But the number (2.0) is the same as max MBTU/HR so I assumed that to be the unit of demand.

I should note that this project is in Alaska so the fuel usage in the baseline is higher than normal.  The models go through -40 to -50 temperatures at one point for heating.

So it definitely puts a big demand on the PSZ systems.

Fortunately, I already had my “fuel meter type” to fuel-oil in both models and my BTU/unit is already good to go also (like Bill showed in his screen capture).

-Chris