[Equest-users] Building Geometry

Cam Fitzgerald cam at energyopportunities.com
Fri Mar 13 05:27:31 PDT 2015

Good morning, all,

The information provided regarding the modeling implications for this issue seem right, but the definitions in Section 3 are always a good place to find answers, although it tends to be a game of connect-the-dots.

In this case, Sections 9.5.1(b) and 9.6.1(b) both use the same terminology, gross floor area and Section 3 defines the gross floor area as being measured from the exterior faces of exterior walls. For interior walls, the area is measured to the center of the partition wall. Using the area from the interior face of the walls would actually underestimate the Baseline lighting power allowance in this instance. J

Have a great day!

Cam Fitzgerald

Energy Opportunities/a 7group company