[Equest-users] eQUEST wish list - DOAS capabilities?

R B slv3sat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 12:28:30 PDT 2015

Now that I have finally shifted to Energyplus, it is to be expected that
the new version of eQuest will be released with all problems fixed, many
new features added, and still easy to use:-))
1. I second the previous poster that the dummy zones should be removed and
the OA system should do mass/temp calculations of actual return conditions
for all the streams that it caters to.
2. In the process, can the mixed air (including preheat) calcs and/or the
various help texts be streamlined. It is was never clear to me if the
preheat setpoint was just for the OA air or mixed air. Most of the OA
control strategies that I came across were about having a mixed air
setpoint, which was not allowed by eQuest (or I was not aware).
3. Since most economizers don't work as intended (problems with sensors,
leakage, stuck, cannot close completely etc), is there a way some of these
issues can be modelled directly instead of using workarounds.
4. While we are on the OA topic - has the OA /person and OA/sqft fixed
according to what ASHRAE wants instead of just Title 24? If not, then it
would be useful to have that fix.
Thanks,
-Rohini