[Equest-users] eQuest & NoteTab Question

Nathan Miller nathanm at rushingco.com
Thu Sep 10 06:31:30 PDT 2015

Here is an example of a macro that inserts a new single zone system for EVERY zone in a file. We usually copy only the zones we want to run this macro on into a separate text file, run the macro, copy that new text and paste it back over the old zone information in the original .inp file. Note, it is easy to make a mistake and mess up your .inp file, so always save a copy of the original somewhere else first.

Basic explanation (this uses some built-in macros already defined in boxer):

1)      Go to start of file

2)      Recursive “While” statement to run macro as long as it finds another instance of “= ZONE”

3)      Find “= ZONE”

4)      Copy the zone name part of that text string

5)      Move curser above the zone

6)      Create text for new system with zone name imbedded (unique system name necessary)

7)      Print in the inputs we want for each unique system, here, type PSZ, Min OA = 0, Control Zone = pasted zone name (we use user defined defaults a lot, or you might just go in later and modify values you don’t want to default once the systems are already created)

8)      Don’t forget to put “..” at the end of the system definition

Boxer Macro:

/* Use to add single zone systems to multiple zones.
   Make sure that the group of zones are all conditioned.
   Cut zone group out of .inp file to new file, run macro, paste back into .inp
*/

macro AddSingleZoneSystems()
{
                StartOfFile;
                while(Find("= ZONE")!=0)
                {
                                SelectToStartOfLine;
        Copy;
                                InsertLineAbove;
                                Paste;
                                EndOfLine;
                                Backspace;
                                Backspace;
                                printf(" PSZ Econ\"");
                                printf(" = SYSTEM");
                                InsertLineBelow;
                                printf("   TYPE             = PSZ");
                                InsertLineBelow;
                                printf("   MIN-OUTSIDE-AIR     = 0");
                                InsertLineBelow;
                                printf("   CONTROL-ZONE     = ");
                                Paste;
                                InsertLineBelow;
                                printf("   ..");
                                Down;
                                Down;
                }
}

Nathan Miller, PE, LEED AP BD+C – Mechanical Engineer/Senior Energy Analyst
RUSHING | D 206-788-4577 | O 206-285-7100
www.rushingco.com<http://www.rushingco.com/>