[Hap-users] HAP (Hourly Analysis Program) software

Ricardo Marques rlicinio at iol.pt
Mon Apr 28 15:17:08 PDT 2008

Dear Sirs,

Addressing complements, allow me to introduce myself, my name is
Ricardo Marques, I am mechanical engineering working in building
simulation in a HVAC corporate. I work with the HAP (Hourly Analysis
Program) software. I detected some mistakes, in the energy
consumption, when I use the terminal units (4 – pipe fan coils or 2 –
pipe fan coil) with common ventilation unit case (with precool coil
and preheat coil). In this system, when I introduce a ventilation
reclaim, the terminal cooling load (from the 2 pipe fan coil), in kWh,
is larger than a system without the ventilation reclaim. Why this
happen? The energy consumption should be the same because the
ventilation reclaim only influence the precool coil and preheat coil.
How can I resolve this problem?  Dears Sirs, If you know how to
resolve this problem please contact me.

With the best regards,

Ricardo Marques