[Hap-users] HAP Cooling Load Calculation.

Doddi, Sai K Sai.Doddi at hatchmott.com
Tue Dec 18 10:08:48 PST 2012

Hello there,
                I am a new HAP user currently using HAP to assess the cooling load for a train station. I am having trouble understanding conceptually how HAP handles certain cooling loads.

In my case, I have two adjacent rooms, one of which is air conditioned to 68 deg F and 50% RH, and the other does not need any A/C, just ventilation. There are a few set of rooms at one end of the station and another set of rooms at the other end of the station. Some of the rooms need A/C whereas some others don't.

In HAP, I haven't been able to figure out, how to assign an order to the rooms. I would think this order is important to assess the heat transfer between the rooms correctly and correspondingly calculate the overall heat load.

In order to estimate the heat load, I would like to have an independent a/c system for each room that needs to be airconditioned. Hence, I am using 5 CAV's to air condition 5 spaces (rooms) and I am also using 4 CAV's to ventilation ( not A/C) to ventilate the 4 non-A/C rooms. Also, there are corridors and windows.

As mentioned earlier, I haven't been able to figure out how to arrange the rooms in an order and how to group them. In the space properties, I see a tab for Partitions. But, it allows for a maximum of 2 partitions only. I am not sure if this is the way to specify internal walls.

The tutorial only comes with 2 examples, that does not consider a case where the rooms are conditioned differently.

Thanks much,
Sai.

Sai Doddi | sai.doddi at hatchmott.com<mailto:sai.doddi at hatchmott.com>
Hatch Mott MacDonald
111 Universal Hollywood Drive, Suite 2100,
Los Angeles, CA 91436
Tel: 818-736-4314  Fax: 818-506-8044
http://www.hatchmott.com

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CDDD07.ABDFC190]

Sai Doddi | sai.doddi at hatchmott.com<mailto:sai.doddi at hatchmott.com>
Hatch Mott MacDonald
111 Universal Hollywood Drive, Suite 2100,
Los Angeles, CA 91436
Tel: 818-736-4314  Fax: 818-506-8044
http://www.hatchmott.com

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CDDD07.ABDFC190]

Attention:
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it from Hatch Mott MacDonald are confidential and intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify the sender.