[Simergy-users] How to shade windows?

Felix Collins felixcollins at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 03:06:01 PDT 2015

Hi,I'm a beginner when it comes to building modelling so please excuse my ignorance. I'm modelling a house I'm designing for myself. I want to get an idea of heating demand and to investigate cost/benefit of various alternatives.
I've put in my model and set up the windows using custom openings because the window are not in arrays. Now I can't figure out how to set up shading of the windows. The house will have eaves that will shade the windows on the top story. The bottom story will have a shade built onto the building.
How do I create a solar shade over a custom opening? Should I use a site solar obstruction?
Thanks,Felix
ChristchurchNew Zealand