[Trace-users] trane trace

Julia Beabout juliabeabout at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 13:22:37 PDT 2008

For cooling: I usually  use a setpoint between 72F and 78F depending on the spaces served with a driftpoint of 85F.
For heating: I usually use a setpoing between 68F and 72F depending on the spaces served with a driftpoint of 65F.
For unconditioned spaces I use a very high cooling set point (95F or higher) and a very low heating set points (35F or lower....depending on your weather location) so that the software won't generate any (or very minimal) loads for these spaces.
I don't believe ASHRAE App G has any specific thermostat set point requirements.  You just need to use something reasonable and they have to be the same in proposed and baseline models.  A possible exception to this would be if you are using different thermostat setpoints to simulate the reduced energy associated with an unusual systesm such as a displacement ventilation system or radiant cooling or something.  There may be some archived info on that approach in the bldg-sim archives.
Hope that helps.