[Trace-users] Demand Controlled Ventilation

Jen Redington redington at vitetta.com
Mon Aug 30 05:15:32 PDT 2010

I am doing an energy model for LEED and added demandcontrolled ventilation to several spaces in both the design and baselinemodels.  This doubled my energy cost savings for the project.  The spaceheating gas use went down 25% in the design model but doubled in the baselinemodel. I can’t see any reason why the baseline energy use would increase,and the savings in the design case seem a little unrealistic since DCV is onlybeing used in some spaces.  Any ideas what could be wrong? Any one else have anysimilar issues?

Thanks,

Jen Redington